Friday 14 October 2016

Reviewing Feedback For Digipak And Magazine Advert

For the advert and also the Digipak I had a target to choose just one record company, I had two which were Interscope and Polydor. I ended up choosing Polydor and there was no real reason why I choose that record company to stay on, they both suited my advert and Digipak but I felt the Polydor logo just looked better so I kept that and got rid of the Interscope logo. Also on the advert I had a target which I had to change the release date to a Friday because that is when albums are released now so I have changed the date to be a Friday.
On the Digipak, I received feedback that the parental advisory sign was too small and that I had to enlarge it a little bit so that it was more visible and stood out more. I also got feedback for my back cover and that was to do with the punctuation on one of the song names. I initially typed 'Dream'in'  and had been told to change it to 'Dreamin' ' and a piece of feedback I got back was to complete the spine, which I already knew I had to complete so I followed the feedback I received for the spine and coloured it in and added the bands name (the band name is also the name of the Digipak) and added the catalogue number too so it looks professional. The last piece of feedback I received was to make the record company logo a little bigger, which I did.
The target that really surprised me was that I had to make the parental advisory sign bigger, when looking on the computer screen, it looked like a suitable size to me, but once I flowed the feedback and made that sign bigger, I realised it was a good piece of feedback as it has to stand out to warn people that the album contains explicit content.
I will meet and complete these targets very quickly on Photoshop and they won't take me long at all as they are targets which I can meet by changing a couple of minor elements such as making things bigger, removing certain elements such as a record company, changing the release date and also completing elements which I already know I haven't met yet.
I learnt a lot about my products. I learnt that they actually were not too bad but they needed some small improvements that would make the advert and Digipak look professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment