Friday 7 October 2016

Digipak Journey - Rayan


First of all, I had searched the definition for the word 'hunter' because the main track on the album (and the song that we are recreating a music video for) is called 'The Hunter' and instead of having a person I wanted to have an animal which people/ or other animals would be scared of if they got hunted down by it.


I started looking at pictures of wolves, looking quite agitated. (1-3)


Next instead of just looking at wolves, I went into looking at wear wolves, which are more scary and have a bigger fear factor. (4-6)


The ideas of wolves and wear wolves went nowhere so I had to scrap that idea and start all over.


I was looking at other professional album covers and I came across one of the albums from Catfish and the Bottlemen, I really liked the idea of having a simple colour scheme and having a deadly animal in the centre on a black background. I had made up my mind that I wanted some type of deadly animal on my front cover in the centre. (7)


I started off with Hyenas and I came across the hyenas from Disney's Lion King, hyenas are vicious animals and they were a good animal to start off with, whilst also keeping in mind that I wanted my cover to look similar to The Catfish and the Bottlemen. (8)


Keeping with Disney, I started to look at the Beast from Beauty And The Beast, when the beast looks angry and annoyed, I also looked at images of the Beast from the live version of the film that will be released in 2017. (9-11)


The beast reminded me of mythical creatures so I searched for some mythical creatures so they gave me more ideas of what sort of animal I wanted on my cover. (12-13)


After looking at mythical creatures, I started looking at Greek mythical creatures and this is a vital point in my journey because this is where I came across to seeing lions, although they were Greek mythical creatures I felt that a lion would fit perfectly on my Digipak and Magazine Advert. (16-18)


I felt that a normal lion would suit very well and so I looked at various pictures of lions and although I saw a lot of good pictures, I felt that just the lions head would be perfect and this is where I decided that I wanted a lions head on my Digipak cover. (19-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment