Friday 7 October 2016

Digipak Creative Journey - Jay




Here is a storyboard of my journey taken of ideas and inspirations to come up with my front cover of my CD Digipak. Prior to this, we chose the song "The Hunter" by Slaves to create a music video to. Because of this, and the song title being "The Hunter" which indicates the idea of someone hunting people down and killing them. This gave me the idea of the film "The Purge",  which is a film I watched recently and included violence and scary characters in masks. I then thought of another film called American Psycho as it has relevance to the music video Time to Dance starring Jake Gyllenhaal. This is because it  pursues violent acts in the music video, which I thought of implementing into my music video as it will relate to the character in our video known as "The Hunter". This leads to the next few images, Jake Gyllenhaal in the Time to Dance music video is shown at the start to be wearing a fencing outfit which looked creepy in the video and is the type of image I want to  give off. This lead to the idea of  Dishonoured  which is a video game who features a villain character who uses a knife to kill people which links to weaponry in The Purge and American Pyshco. However this idea failed as I wanted a character to have how as I feel this makes them more mysterious. This lead me to another idea which was another video game known as Assassins Creed, where the main character pursues similar acts to previous ideas explained. But this time he has a hood which applies to the idea I want for my digipak front cover. I then researched more different hooded characters which I then found the TV show Arrow. I felt I needed to link it more to existing CD covers to see what the idea I have in mind looks like on an album cover. This is where I found the three album covers Testament, Prodigy and MF Doom covers. These ideas combined together for me to come up with my design. I liked the Prodigy text colour so I used Black and White and then I like the background colour on the MF Doom cover so I used this colour pallet idea and combined the hooded mask elements of my idea and that resulted in my album cover.






































No comments:

Post a Comment